- Contribute to high impact research that reduces greenhouse gas emissions and energy costs
- Work closely with software engineers, researchers and industry collaborators
- Join CSIRO Energy and deliver solutions to complex problems
CSIRO Energy is seeking to appoint two skilled and enthusiastic Junior Software Engineers.
As the successful candidate, you will work closely with a team of electrical engineers, data scientists, computer scientists and software engineers to design, build and deliver the technologies that drive down greenhouse gas emissions, maximise the uptake of renewables, and reduce the cost of energy for Australians.
You will contribute to the development of the next generation of the Energy Use Data Model (EUDM), which includes a set of software systems and technologies for unifying, linking, visualising and sharing energy data. You will interact with some of Australia's largest industries, meet with researchers and scientists from around the world, and deliver practical solutions to challenging, complex and rewarding problems.
Specifically you will:
- With guidance from senior engineers, work with stakeholders to understand system requirements, develop and test software solutions, and provide system support as required.
- Develop and document software that is used by our researchers and our external clients.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks under limited direction in support of scientific research.
- Adapt and/or develop original experimental methods, equipment, software, concepts and ideas in support of existing and further research.
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Salary: AU $62k to AU $79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will have:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree, or equivalent experience, in software engineering or a relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated expertise with one of the following languages: Python, Java or C#.
- Familiarity with server-side programming and Linux.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering tools and practices, including the use of version control systems and testing tools/methodologies.
- Ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance.
How to Apply: Please read the Position Description and apply online. Please upload one document (maximum 2 MB) containing your CV/Resume and cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the position.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 1 October 2018