- Provide effective and timely support to internal and external clients
- Work with dedicated professional within the Information Resources team
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The position will be responsible for the effective and timely processing of incoming requests for resources from internal and external clients received through the library’s Document Delivery Service. In addition, the position will work on projects to digitise and make CSIRO’s valuable research outputs available online.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- On a rostered basis process incoming requests from internal and external clients received through the library’s Document Delivery Service, according to enterprise guidelines.
- Verify incomplete or ambiguous requests for resources using library catalogues, citation databases and other tools liaising directly with requesters as required.
- Order copies and loans from appropriate suppliers and process incoming items.
- Fill requests from external clients from online resources in line with licencing restrictions, or route requests to the Document Supply Centre for retrieval from the print collection.
- Answer enquiries from CSIRO staff and external libraries received by email, phone and face-to-face.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU $62K - AU $79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A qualification in Library Science or Information Management, eligible for membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail following enterprise guidelines and procedures.
- The ability and willingness to do some lifting as required with safe work practices.
- The ability and willingness to travel to other CSIRO sites within Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 7 Oct 2018