- Apply your expertise in functional programming.
- Be part of the largest data innovation group in Australia.
- Join Data61's Queensland Functional Programming Lab.
In this exciting role of Functional Programming Engineer you will exploit and utilise the practical benefits of functional programming in software development. Software development will include open source project development, client projects and education. Functional Programming is defined in consistency with the lambda calculus and subsequent essays by Philip Wadler. Relevant programming languages include Haskell, Agda and Idris.
Your duties will include
- Independently develop software in accordance with the goals and direction of the Functional Programming (FP) team.
- Provide strong technical assistance to other FP team members.
- Critically review FP source code.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
Location: Fortitude Valley, QLD
Tenure: Specified term ending 31 July 2020
Salary: $111K - 130K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrable expertise in Functional Programming (FP) techniques.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining efficient work teams, managing performance and resources to achieve objectives.
- Expertise with revision control systems such as git or mercurial.
- A thorough understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of open-source software development.
- An ability to work independently in developing software using FP techniques.
For more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Data61: In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven future.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 9 December 2018