- Do you have research experience in AI applications in Medicine?
- Contribute to the development of AI based clinical decision support systems
- Join Australian e-health Research Centre, part of CSIRO Health & Biosecurity in Perth
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to undertake research into application of artificial intelligence in medicine including development of clinical decision support system. The RS will contribute to the development of AI based clinical decision support systems for ophthalmology, burns and other applications. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team working within the Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC), part of the CSIRO Health and Biosecurity in Perth.
The successful applicant will work as part of the AEHRC Telehealth and Mobile Health team.
It will be a great opportunity for the successful candidate to work with a multidisciplinary, world-renowned research teams in a cutting edge research project. The RS will have a unique opportunity to translate their research into clinical practice in Australia and around the world.
Your duties will include
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Development and validation of a diabetic retinopathy and age related macular degeneration clinical decision support and autograding system for use in the field. This will be a translational research project.
- Develop next generation AI based decision support systems with advanced imaging and machine learning.
- Develop imaging algorithms for automated disease grading.
- Develop high quality software using C++, JAVA and HTML5.
- Grow and maintain scientific citizenship, and collaborations with international and local partners.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$97,276 - AU$105,269 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Education/Qualifications: A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science or health science. We expect applicant with considerable experience working in the medical area especially ophthalmology applications.
To be successful you will need
- Experience in developing auto-disease grading and clinical decision support system for eye diseases based on colour fundus images and OCT images.
- Research experience in the field of Telemedicine and conducting large scale clinical trials
- Demonstrated competence and experience in research innovation, problem solving and application of knowledge, as evidenced by publications and research experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing imaging algorithms, telemedicine and mobile health systems, with knowledge of HL7, DICOM and other imaging standards.
- Demonstrated competency in C++, JAVA, HTML5 and software development processes/environments (including MS Visual Studio and mobile phone technologies).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with communication modalities, data compression and data security.
- Experience with diseases, treatment and imaging methods in ophthalmology
- Experience supervising students and junior staff
- Knowledge of cloud computing and development of mobile phone apps
- Past experience working with clinicians and hospitals
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 21 November 2018