- Use your software engineering skills to improve human health
- Work on cutting edge projects with real-world application
- Join CSIRO's high-performing Transformational Bioinformatics team
The high-performing Transformational Bioinformatics Team are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Solutions Engineer with demonstrated knowledge in event-driven web services from multiple vendors (e.g. AWS Lambda, Alibaba FC, Azure Functions, GCP Functions) as well as machine learning on distributed-cloud services (e.g. AWS Elastic MapReduce or other cloud-based Spark environments) to help us bring advanced IT solutions to human health applications.
You will work with scientists to develop analysis strategies for combining genomic and other phenotypic data (e.g. medical image metrics) using the latest in BigData and cloud computing technologies. The role will enable the candidate to work with high-profile Australian and international research consortia as well as enable innovative medical start-ups to deliver game-changing products and services.
Challenge yourself and find out how your research and ideas can enable Australia become the healthiest nation by 2030.
Location: North Ryde, NSW
Salary: AU $82K - AU $93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- A Bachelor (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a Bachelor) in a relevant discipline area, such as Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Electrical Engineering.
- Evidence of experience with server-less or Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) architecture as well as more than one language relevant for cloud services (e.g. Python, NodeJS, Scala, BASH).
- Proven impact from developing web services on more than one cloud vendor (e.g. AWS, Alibaba Cloud, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with BigData analytics such as Apache Spark-based data analysis or other cloud-based machine learning training and deployments.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed science team, plus the flexibility to adapt to research workflows.
- A record of technological innovation and creativity, plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into prototypes.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 12 December 2018