- Are you an experienced, client-focused project manager?
- Can you manage the complexity and ambiguity of projects in a research and development organization?
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Data61 is looking for an experienced project manager to manage the delivery of a number of technology R&D projects for its clients and collaborators.
In this role, you will work closely with researchers, business teams, software engineers and product managers to deepen engagements with key clients and help translate our research into benefits for the economy, environment and society. This is not a traditional project manager role (managing Gantt charts and chasing people to make sure they will meet the estimate they gave), nor is it simply an Agile role like scrum master, product owner or agile coach. While these activities will be part of your toolkit, the role will be focussed on client interaction, coaching teams towards focused outcomes, removing barriers and working with the teams to deliver.
We are looking for an experienced, client-focused project manager who is self-motivated and can manage the complexity and ambiguity of projects in a research and development organisation.
Your duties will include
- Be the key liaison point with clients and collaborators throughout the project
- Ensure there is a common understanding of the project objectives and effective communication with all parties throughout the project.
- Bring together diverse project team members to scope, plan and deliver agreed outcomes.
- Adapt the style of project management used to meet the needs of the project (for example, research outcomes may be iterative within the context of an overall objective).
- Manage project deliverables, which include research outputs, software, platforms and data analysis reports.
- Manage project timelines, milestones, dependencies, risks and issues (with input from project teams, clients and other stakeholders).
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: $97K to $105K plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
To be successful you will need
Education/Qualifications: A relevant certificate or tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, such as computer science or engineering and/or equivalent management/leadership experience.
- A strong customer-oriented attitude and the ability to build rapport with clients.
- Experience managing a diverse range of projects.
- Ability to quickly learn technology concepts in the relevant project domain.
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to perform in dynamic environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve consensus.
- Willingness to comply with company Equal Opportunity and Occupational Health and Safety policies.
- Experience managing technology development projects using a range of methodologies
- Project management qualifications
- Experience working in a scientific or research and development organisation
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter that outlines how your experience meets the selection criteria for this position.
Monday 17 December, 2018