- Join us in developing the next generation of machine learning software
- Collaborate with researchers & engineers on new, innovative & real-world software products
- Join our dedicated Data Science Platforms team at Data61, Australia's digital powerhouse
CSIRO’s Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to help develop innovative solutions to real world problems.
We are currently building new technologies for data integration and graph analytics with real impact for Australia. We are seeking a creative person to design and build data pipelines and write elegant, usable software at scale.
We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies, and the ability to grow to your full potential.
Your duties will include
- Designing and developing software for data integration and machine learning on large scale graphs.
- Experimenting with new technologies and communicating the results.
- Building elegant, efficient and readable code with Scala and Apache Spark.
- Creating distributed systems for data science at scale.
- Collaborating effectively with research, engineering and business teams across Data61 to ensure that project goals and Data61’s goals are achieved.
Location: Eveleigh NSW or Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$111,663 - AU$130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term till the end of June 2020
To be successful you will need
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering
- Ability to build solutions to data engineering problems.
- Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: Scala, Python, Haskell, Rust, Go, C, C++, Java.
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, provide technical direction, present their ideas and foster creativity in others
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research and engineering team.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Friday 08 March 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT