- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Work with World Class Researchers to Solve the World’s Biggest Challenges
The Scientific Computing group within the Information Management & Technology (IMT) function of CSIRO, is looking for an additional High Performance Computing (HPC) technical specialist to meet the growing needs of CSIRO’s HPC user community by providing support for their computational and data intensive workflows. This will be carried out as part of the Technical Solutions team within the Scientific Computing group. You will collaborate closely with researchers to make the best use of CSIRO’s computing platforms and infrastructure. You will engage with research teams to understand their computing requirements and enhance their productivity by ensuring optimal use of CSIRO’s HPC platforms.
This is an opportunity to work in a professional and technically challenging environment, supporting a diverse range of applications, to further the use of computation in science discovery.
Work may be required at other CSIRO sites within Australia.
Your duties will include
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs and taking personal responsibility for their satisfaction and correcting problems promptly and in a constructive manner
- Assisting clients in transitioning existing scientific workflows to the Scientific Computing platforms
- Managing a facility or service supporting a large number of users, undertaking a wide variety of tasks or tasks that have a high degree of technical difficulty and documenting procedures and training clients in systems and processes
- Utilising management expertise including the ability to plan, organise and monitor the allocation of resources across a facility
- Developing processes and tools, especially when encountering new problems where methods are not defined and initiative is required in seeking new approaches to improve the service provided and meet client needs
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Experience in delivering HPC technical support
- Background in Linux system administration
- Experience in the development of user documentation, technical guides and training materials
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- A Negative Vetting Level 1 (SECRET) Australian Government security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Relevant trade certificate/diploma/degree or relevant work experience in High Performance Computing.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
22:59 AEDT 24 February 2019