- Apply your expertise to world-leading technology development
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to solve complex problems
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
The IC Global team are responsible for the development, delivery and management of the IC Global Platform Suite, including:
The Principal Software Engineer (working with the Senior Software Engineer and other collaborators) is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the IC Global Platform Suite.
Your duties will include
- Analyse the business needs and design appropriate technical architecture
- Build and deliver elegant, efficient and readable code
- Resolve production issues, conforming to defined software engineering and configuration management practices
- Lead collaborations with internal and external stakeholders on large-scale entity resolution problems
- Design and build beautiful user interfaces and to ensure their implementation is efficient, elegant and maintainable.
- Design and deliver internal and client-hosted infrastructure
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$134,421 - AU$148,725 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be successful you will need
- Experience in building/designing high quality solutions to complex engineering problems
- Strong experience writing NodeJS, ReactJS and NextJS applications with typescript
- Experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Elasticsearch
- Experience with maintaining open source and internal source code repositories
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 7 March 2019