- Is it fun understanding something hard - like quantum computing?
- Would flying in an autonomous aerial vehicle excite you?
- Do you enjoy the challenge making the impossible, possible!
If you answered ‘Yes’ to the above please read on.
Do you love bringing people together to make new things?
Are you prepared to get the small stuff done in order to reach the bigger picture?
Are you a learner?
Are you comfortable taking a position and arguing for it, even if others disagree?
If you continued to answer ‘Yes’ we are keen to talk to you about what you can do.
Your responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Main Sequence Ventures Partners in discovering, building and closing new deals for the CSIRO Innovation Fund.
- Actively contributing to the Australian entrepreneurial and start-up community.
- Building, implementing and enhancing our portfolio of support systems.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of Main Sequence Ventures and CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Sydney (North Ryde)
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience and ability
Tenure: Two years
To be considered you will need
- A four year technical university degree plus a minimum of five years’ experience, in an entrepreneurial or research or STEM or similar context.
- Effective writing skills with an established body of work and high attention to detail.
- A bias toward action/getting things done with high self-motivation; and an ability to work in a largely unstructured but goal-oriented environment.
- A history of building business relationships easily with the most senior to the most junior.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments and deliverables simultaneously.
- Adaptability, to emerging and shifting priorities.
- Resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity demonstrated by not being satisfied with ‘not knowing’ how it works or what it means; be a self-directed and continuous learner.
- A passion for “Deep Tech” and entrepreneurship.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view this Position Description
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
About Main Sequence Ventures
Main Sequence Ventures is managing the CSIRO Innovation Fund, custom designed for a new kind of founder in which science and technology run deep.
We will invest in companies translating research into global-scale businesses. We know that this takes more than money. We work harder to understand the world that these founders imagine. We are as comfortable in the lab as we are on the front-line with customers. We will invest capital, and ourselves, to systematically reduce risk and increase opportunity by combining the operational velocity of start-ups with the deep curiosity of Australia’s research sector.
We believe the next great cohort of disruptive companies will come from those scientists, technologists and creative thinkers who are prepared to challenge the status quo.
Please apply on line via the apply link or CSIRO’s jobs site (https:www.jobs.csiro.au), uploading your resume and cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and motivation for applying.
For more information about the role please contact Jen Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday 1st April, 2019