- Solve geological problems by integrating multivariate geoscience data.
- Design algorithms & implement them to provide analytical insight into geoscience problems.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
We are seeking an experienced research scientist to join the Geoscience Analytics Team. You will be able to draw on a broad background of techniques in order to solve geological problems by integrating multivariate geoscience data. These techniques may include (but are not limited to) machine learning, geostatistics, information theory, signal processing, simulation and uncertainty estimation. We are looking for a candidate who is creative and innovative and capable of modifying existing techniques to be applied to geoscience research question. The candidate will be expected to publish research results and present at conferences and workshops.
Your duties will include
- Work with researchers to design algorithms and implement them in software to provide analytical insight into geoscience problems.
- Provide support in planning and specifying projects.
- Present on project/research outcomes as required.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Kensington, Western Australia
Salary: AU$97K – AU$105K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A PhD or qualification and research experience, which taken together, are equivalent to this educational standard.
- Demonstrated experience in designing algorithms and implementing them in software to provide analytical insight.
- Experience in data science (e.g. machine learning, signal processing, probability theory).
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
- Demonstrated programming skills, experience in writing robust, reusable, and well-tested code
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 17th April, 2019.