- Are you skilled in the development of software for systems built around FPGA technology?
- Do you want to work in a flexible, family friendly environment?
- Join internationally-renowned CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the internationally renowned CASS Signal Processing Technologies engineering team to assist in researching new techniques and technology related to the current and future radio astronomy and space science projects in the group. You will lead the architecture design and code development for new components of software and firmware for a variety of projects and systems built around FPGA technology aimed at radio astronomy and space science applications.
Your duties will include
- Lead the architecture design and development for components of software for systems built around FPGA technology aimed at radio astronomy and space science applications.
- Adapt and/or develop new engineering techniques, software and FPGA firmware in support of existing and future instruments and projects by delivering clean, scalable, reliable and high quality test-driven code.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work effectively as an integral member of a large multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary team, to undertake independent engineering related activities and carry out or delegate associated tasks under broad guidance.
- Collaborate effectively with international partners and establish effective processes and work practices that facilitate engineering development across a geographically diverse team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior engineers and technical staff.
Location: Marsfield NSW
Salary: Competitive salary plus up to 15.4% Superannuation and comprehensive benefits as per CSIRO Enterprise Agreement
To be successful you will need:
Education/Qualifications: Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in software engineering, computer science or electronics engineering.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team with a demonstrated ability and willingness to communicate and contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of engineering development and to carry out tasks autonomously.
- Experience with developing in C/C++ and Python and practical knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Experience with the development of systems using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology: Hardware Description Language (HDL); the methods and tools used for developing embedded firmware; experience with electronic systems testing in a mixed hardware/software environment.
- Knowledge of large distributed control systems such as Tango or EPICS.
- Practical experience with high-speed networking software and firmware
- Experience or a keen interest in any of the following: embedded software, Linux operating systems and device drivers, Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) programming, computer networking, digital signal processing, scripting languages, software integration, verification and test practises.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 28 April 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date