- Are you passionate about the future of agriculture?
- Want to kick-start your career on a PhD project that addresses industry challenges?
- Apply for the ANU-CSIRO Digital Agriculture PhD Scholarship!
Agriculture of the future will be digitally integrated at all stages of the value-chain, from understanding genetics and real-time monitoring of on-farm conditions, through to transport logistics and traceability. CSIRO and ANU are partnering to offer exciting opportunities for PhD students to work with scientists and engineers at the cutting edge of research to address industry challenges, through the application of information science in the agricultural sector.
Students will work alongside leading research scientists and engineers in first-class facilities and will also have access to professional development opportunities to enhance their career development while building industry relevant skills and working on real-world problems.
Below is a list of topics currently available under this scholarship program. Further information on the topics can be found at: https://ceat.org.au/innovation-training/digital-agriculture-phd-supplementary-scholarship/
- Novel phenomics tools to screen for drought tolerance in wheat
- Digital soils and landscape
- Nutrient balance and Carbon trajectories
- Multivariate and machine learning statistical tools for linking crop multi-omics data
- Detection and diagnosis of crop pathogens
- Agricultural data fusion – earth observation
- Large scale unsupervised sequence learning
- Sensing the next step-change in water productivity in dryland agriculture
- Plant Architecture Mapping in the Lab and in the Field
Location: Canberra, ACT
Scholarship: $15,000 per annum top-up scholarship, plus a Research Support Allowance (with approval)
Tenure: 3 years (with the possibility of a 6-month extension if approved)
Eligibility and Assessment criteria
Detailed eligibility requirements and assessment criteria are available at: https://ceat.org.au/innovation-training/digital-agriculture-phd-supplementary-scholarship/
Contact: For more information please contact Martin Amidy via email to email@example.com
How to apply
Applicants should refer to the following website for details on how to apply: https://ceat.org.au/innovation-training/digital-agriculture-phd-supplementary-scholarship/
Please note that you will need to apply for a base scholarship by 31 October 2020 in order to apply for this Award.
More information on base scholarships is available at: https://www.anu.edu.au/study/scholarships/find-a-scholarship/australian-government-research-training-program-agrtp-stipend
Sunday, 29 November 2020 (11.55 pm AEDT)