Supercomputing Applications Specialist
Supercomputing Applications Specialist
- Are you interested in joining an Australian tier-1 and world class supercomputing Centre?
- Provide specialist advice & software enhancement in supporting computational research at scale.
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
Pawsey Supercomputing Centre was founded in an unincorporated joint venture between CSIRO and Australia's top Western Universities. This has been a longstanding relationship and we are supported by funding from the Western Australian and Federal Governments. We are a world class supercomputing facility accelerating scientific discoveries for Australia’s researchers and currently are serving scientists in domains such as radio, astronomy, energy and resources, engineering, bioinformatics and health sciences.
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre has recently announced a Government funded $70 million-dollar capital refresh project which makes now an exciting opportunity to join us as a Supercomputing Applications Specialist.
You will be joining us to work within the Scientific Services Team. This role works collaboratively with researchers to assist them in exploiting the vast opportunities enabled by the supercomputers operated in the Pawsey centre. You will participate in defining and building new supercomputing services for the next-generation Pawsey Supercomputing System.
Your duties will include:
- Provide specialist advice and software enhancement to research groups, drawing on extensive knowledge and experience to enable their utilisation at scale of significant supercomputing resources at Pawsey.
- Undertake collaborative projects with researchers, communities, software developers, vendors and other international centres.
- Identify suitable technologies, tools and algorithms relevant to user activities and encourage adoption to improve the productivity of the research community.
- Participation in evaluations of novel systems and technologies to inform the Pawsey infrastructure and services roadmap, and support transition to new systems.
Location: Kensington, WA
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant post graduate qualification in a scientific or computer-science discipline; or relevant work experience.
- Proven working knowledge of parallel programming models, such as OpenMP, MPI, HIP or CUDA.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills including the ability to articulate technical concepts to a diverse range of clients.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively in a team and carry out tasks autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to work within this position at CSIRO you must be either:
- An Australian Citizen
- A Permanent Resident
- Currently hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa (sponsorship visas are available where necessary)
- International applicants welcome.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
30 November 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
- WA - Kensington
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
High Performance/Super Computing
Research and Development