Digital Lead, CSIRO Energy Business Unit - [Archived Advertisement]
Digital Lead, CSIRO Energy Business Unit
- Grow the digital strategy for CSIRO’s Energy Business Unit
- Drive collaborative partnerships within CSIRO and with external stakeholders
- Collaborative environment with incredible flexibility and work conditions
CSIRO Energy is playing a key role in Australia’s energy transition. We are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the research that will inform decision makers and help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future.
As the Digital Energy Lead you will grow the digital strategy for the Energy Business Unit and strengthen efforts around the analysis and application of energy data including grid topologies, consumption and generation information. You will drive internal the analysis and commercialisation of existing data sets, and secure and lead collaborative projects with CSIRO’s commercial partners.
Applications are invited across two capability levels and the successful candidate will be appointed at the level commensurate with their skills and experience.
Your duties will include:
- Establish a digital strategy and lead internal programmes of work that seek to maximise the national impact and commercial potential of CSIRO’s wide range of existing data sets.
- Lead efforts engaging with external partners, to apply the latest data science approaches in industries ranging from hydrogen, geosciences, grid operations to buildings.
- Build significant collaborative relationships with Australian universities and international research organisations.
- Establish CSIRO Energy as a go-to agency leading the application of innovative data science to the energy industry.
- Drive close collaboration with Data61, CSIRO’s data science and engineering organisation.
Location: Newcastle, NSW or Clayton, VIC preferred. Other major cities considered
Salary: Attractive package commensurate with experience
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- World-class knowledge of data science and analytical techniques, preferably applied to the energy sector, or a similar engineering-based domain.
- Tertiary qualifications with relevant practical experience in the digital or energy domain, or managerial and/or commercial qualifications and significant experience and depth of science understanding from a research or industry perspective in digital energy science.
- Extensive industry or applied research experience developing and deploying digital solutions.
- Proven experience in development of digital capabilities for an organisation.
- Evidence of creating, leading strategic digital initiatives for an enterprise or a large team.
- A network of national and international collaborators in applied data sciences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for complex proposals/ideas
- An outstanding record of innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations of significant consequence.
- Extensive experience in electricity sector preferably delivering digital solutions is desirable.
- Additional relevant expertise is anticipated to be appointed at the higher level.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid working visa. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16 September 2021, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 16 Sep 2021
- Attractive package commensurate with experience
- Work Type:
Management and Supervisory
Research and Development