Senior Data Analyst/Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Data Analyst/Engineer
- Design & implement data science solutions for energy domain problems
- Shape the Data Science team’s technical direction in line with our strategy
- Work with leading researchers in a flexible work environment
CSIRO Energy is playing a key role in Australia’s energy transition. We are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households and provide the research that will inform decision makers and help guide Australia towards a smart, secure energy future.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Energy Data Analyst/Engineer to join the Data Science Group. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for shaping the data science team’s technical direction that is aligned with the business unit’s strategy. You will have demonstrated experience in successful delivery of projects, client engagement and development of strategy. Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will scope data science projects and develop implementation pathways.
As a senior expert, you will have hands-on experience in various data science tools, software skills and data driven model development and/or implementation skills. You will also mentor junior team members and support them with the development of their technical skills.
This role is offered on a full-time or part-time (minimum 0.8 FTE) basis. Talk to us about your needs.
Your duties will include:
- Designing and managing the implementation of data science solutions for energy domain problems.
- Leading and implementing statistical and machine learning models to turn raw data into domain specific business insights.
- Taking ownership of data driven model deployment and maintenance activities using industry best practices.
- Overseeing and supporting design of data management platforms and workflows.
- Assisting with the setting the strategic direction of CSIRO Energy data science research and skills development.
- Leading interactions with potential partners within CSIRO and external stakeholders to identify solutions to their problems and develop implementation pathways.
Location: Newcastle, NSW or Melbourne (Clayton) VIC
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in statistics, machine learning, software engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or a related data science background.
- Extensive experience in a relevant data science/engineering area.
- Proven expertise in Python programming language.
- Demonstrated experience in at least five of the following areas: machine learning, deep learning, time series analytics, big data, data management, cloud computing infrastructures, data visualisation tools, model deployment, model maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring, project leadership, technical leadership.
- Evidence of use of industry standard software processes for code quality, change management and data science model delivery, deployment and ongoing maintenance.
- Evidence of understanding business needs and formulating data science solutions to solve business needs.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa (visa sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates, international applicants welcome).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10 October 2021, 11:00 pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 10 Oct 2021
- AU$115k - AU$135k (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Engineering - Software
Research and Development