Programmer Modeller & Data Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Programmer Modeller & Data Analyst
- Are you passionate about solving big, complex problems that make a real difference?
- Be part of a growing team that values flexible working arrangements.
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
We are seeking a Programmer Modeller & Data Analyst to join our Land and Water business unit. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical support for existing tools (TraNSIT Web and Supply Chain Benchmarking Dashboard), and modelling and analysis support as part of delivering to externally funded projects to clients.
This is an opportunity for you to join the TraNSIT Project team and work closely with a vast array of industry and Government stakeholder on an area of work that is rapidly growing and contribute direct influence on informing government planning and investments. For more information on the project, visit CSIRO TraNSIT.
Your duties will include:
- Set up and run TraNSIT to produce outputs for externally funded projects and liaising with clients to tailor the outputs and reporting to their needs.
- Maintain the user-friendly web-based tools and servers, TraNSIT Web and Supply Chain Benchmarking Dashboard for existing and new clients.
- Gather and synthesize Geospatial and other data from clients to improve the transport network, commodity and supply chain mapping for TraNSIT.
- Continue personal development in the latest programming and analysis tools, through training courses and liaising with others in CSIRO who develop other major software products.
- Contribute significantly to the interpretation and communication of research or technological results and collaborate on drafting presentations to, and/or detailed written reports for, clients and the scientific and/or technology community.
Location: Brisbane QLD, Adelaide SA or Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years, Full-Time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated programming experience in Python (and ideally other languages such as Java or R).
- Previous experience in analysing and documenting large data sets from a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in data analysis, statistical packages and GIS packages.
- Ideally excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to deliver clear reports, and presentations at conferences and/or seminars.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles. To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th October 2021, 11:59pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 05 Oct 2021
- AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Engineering - Software