Technical Solutions HPC Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Technical Solutions HPC Specialist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Use your skills and experiences to support something truly special
- Join CSIRO and support Australia's premier scientific organisation!
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s largest scientific research organisation and one of the largest and most diverse scientific organisations in the world. CSIRO’s work touches every aspect of Australian life: from the molecules that build life to the molecules in space. Working from sites across the nation and around the globe, CSIRO’s staff are focused on providing new ways to improve the quality of life, as well as the economic and social performance of many industry sectors through research and development.
The Scientific Computing (SC) program within the Information Management & Technology (IMT) function provides end-to-end technology platforms ranging from corporate IT systems through to leading-edge high-performance data processing tools and platforms. The team manages a hybrid multi-cloud of computing and data services that enable multiple millions of core hours of computing time and host over 200 petabytes of data. The team manages and supports an edge to cloud computational and data fabric that includes several high-performance computing clusters, multiple hyperscale public cloud tenancies, and a mass and high-performance tiered storage infrastructure with a national footprint. The group also supports organisational data management practices and provides a suite of applications to effectively support the management of research data throughout its lifecycle. a highly versatile and robust virtualised corporate hosting platform to enable the delivery of CSIRO’s corporate applications.
In joining this group you’ll have the opportunity to work with this breadth of technology and have access to best in breed enterprise tooling for container orchestration, cluster management, high performance low latency networking, bare metal and virtualisation, infrastructure automation and configuration, infrastructure as code, monitoring and alerting, service management and other technology tools.
Your duties will include:
- Engage with Scientific Computing clients to understand needs and deliver against them
- Provide technical information and guidance around Scientific Computing's service and capabilities
- Contribute to the management of CSIRO’s HPC platforms
- Create and maintain user documentation and best practices
- Assist clients in transitioning existing scientific workflows to the Scientific Computing platforms
- Identify and solve client problems proactively, and be responsible for support requests and escalations
Location: All IMT sites Australia wide
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering technical support, preferably in a HPC environment
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Linux environments
- Experience in at least one scripting or programming language such as Bash or Python
- Experience in the development of user documentation, technical guides, and training materials
- Demonstrated ability to work with independence and self-motivation within a team environment
- Experience with batch management systems (e.g., Slurm, PBS)
- Experience with software management such as installation, licensing, updates, configuration.
- Experience using technologies such as Puppet, Docker, Singularity, Kubernetes, scientific workflow tools.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check in addition the successful candidate must hold or have the ability to obtain a BASELINE security clearance.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5th of June, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Jun 2022
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
High Performance/Super Computing