Senior Project Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Project Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency!
- Are you interested in transforming the abstract into the actual?
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career.
- Flexible work arrangements
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) business unit embarking on an ambitious program of work designed to support the organisations strategy to 2024. Underpinning the program is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world class science.
We are looking for Project Managers that can lead, inspire and empower our project teams, stakeholders and customers.
The Project Manager will manage two, or more, complex IT projects using modern Software Delivery Methodologies, will work in an interdisciplinary team involving researchers, business representatives, software developers, business analysts and test analysts and will operate in an agile and highly collaborative environment.
This is an environment that accommodates and welcomes change – we value individuals and interactions over process and tools along with working software over comprehensive documentation.
Your duties will include:
- Manage multiple, and complex, projects using methodologies appropriate to the project and the context (i.e. agile, kanban etc)
- Deliver projects to scope, budget, schedule and stakeholder expectation and with appropriately mitigated risks
- Identify and manage project risks and issues and escalates and that may impact delivery
- Facilitate creation, review and stakeholder acceptance of project management products and deliverables
- Effective transition of new products or services into the business-as usual environment. .
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed team, and business unit(s) to carry out tasks in support of the program objectives.
Location: Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney & Canberra preferred (Adelaide & Perth considered)
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated experience with a minimum of 5 years in project management
- Demonstrated experience in a project management role using a variety of methodologies
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects to scope, budget, schedule, and stakeholder expectation
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with all staff, clients, and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed team and business unit to carry out tasks in support of CSIRO objectives.
- Demonstrated experience to adapt to multiple projects and manage simultaneously
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. CSIRO recognises that a candidate's capability to perform a role can be demonstrated in a variety of ways and encourages candidates to address the role criteria with this in mind.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens ONLY
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
13 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Jun 2022
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research and Development