Soil Information System Administrator/Developer - [Archived Advertisement]
Soil Information System Administrator/Developer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Bring your system development & administration expertise to a diverse role
- Play a key role in developing & managing national-scale information infrastructure
- Join CSIRO to address challenges in sustainable soil management across Australia!
Are you an effective and innovative IT professional, interested in working on national-scale information infrastructure? We are currently seeking a System Administrator/Developer to join our Soil Information Team within the CSIRO Agriculture and Food business unit.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the Australian National Soil Information System (ANSIS) computing and data environment within CSIRO. Our Australian soils are a valuable national asset, and their proper management is vital for Australia's resilient and sustainable future. ANSIS is a CSIRO-led project providing the data and information needed to sustainably manage our soils.
You will manage the initial phases of scoping a review of our current Soil Information System and enabling the redevelopment and ongoing management & administration of our new national system. You will play a key role in supporting the ongoing development and implementation of data environments within an evolving data modelling domain, collaborating with a range of internal & external stakeholders, to ensure soil data is accessible and interoperable for future benefit to the Nation.
If you’re interested in applying your skills & experience in managing and developing complex information systems, to a project that would benefit all, we would love to hear from you!
Your duties will include:
- Administering the operational components of the ANSIS system, including server and software maintenance, shared documentation and guidelines, diagnostics, monitoring, tuning and coordinating with the CSIRO specialist IT infrastructure teams to enable storage, security, networking, virtualisation, web servers, geospatial servers and databases.
- Enabling and managing required domains, proxies and redirections to support access to new and persistent data and vocabulary services.
- Developing ANSIS operational analytics, data governance and authentication tools and regular reporting processes.
- Providing systems support to the development and maintenance of web sites & applications and mobile applications.
- Developing tools and new system infrastructure to support ongoing data lifecycle processes relating to ANSIS components such as the Australian National Soil Archive and the CSIRO National Soil database (Natsoil) and field data collection.
Location: Black Mountain/Canberra, ACT (preferred); Other locations may be considered
Salary: AU$102K – AU$111K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 4 years
To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Information Technology or similar field, and/or equivalent demonstrated work experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in computer systems administration, management and development, including a working knowledge of domains, proxy servers, networking, storage solutions, data security, cyber security, authentication, server administration, systems analytics and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience with managing and developing complex information systems, including within spatially and semantically integrated data environments, and through networked collaborative systems federation.
- Proven ability to work with specialist IT teams to collaborate and integrate system functions.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an:
- Australian/New Zealand Citizen;
- Australian Permanent Resident; or
- Australian Temporary Resident, with an existing valid visa and full work rights to cover the duration of the specified term (at least until August 2026), without the requirement of visa sponsorship from CSIRO.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10 July 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 10 Jul 2022
- ACT - Black Mountain
- AU$102K – AU$111K pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Network/Systems Admin
Research and Development