Executive Manager - Strategy Risk and Performance - [Archived Advertisement]
Executive Manager - Strategy Risk and Performance
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join our team in transforming CSIRO’s science facilities for the digital age
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements!?
- Highly collaborative work environment?
This role supports the Information, Management & Technology (IMT) Business Unit (BU) and the Chief Information Officer. There are four key responsibilities:
- Evolving and embedding the IMT strategy
- Embedding risk management into IMTs work practices
- Adoption and change management
The role will support the communication of strategy both external and internal to IMT. Focussing within IMT the role will also support IMT managers changing work practices across the business unit, to deliver positive culture change. With a strong focus on change management the role will support IMT teams as they work to embed strategic objectives, risk management and policy compliance into their work practices and plans.
Working with stakeholders outside IMT the role will work with the Australia Signals Directorate (ASD), the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) and the CSIRO Governance team, supporting the CIO to influence the development of the CSIRO risk and policy frameworks supporting practical adoption, risk mitigation and a practical compliance. This role will also have responsibility for leading a change in the relationship between IMT and business owners. Developing the “shared responsibility” framework working with senior CSIRO leaders to embed shared responsibility and build this framework into CSIRO’s new ways of working.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the CIO, IMT Executive and stakeholders, provide senior input to developing, evolving, and implementing IMT strategy.
- Develop and actively deliver a change management plan to support strategy implementation including developing a program of culture change to address areas in support of IMT strategy and as guided by the regular CSIRO Culture Survey.
- Oversee the development of an IMT Risk practice.
- Manage the IMT Strategy, Strategy, Performance and Risk function in IMT.
- Engage with stakeholders and develop relationships within IMT and the broader CSIRO community to evolve strategy and influence the development of corporate governance, risk and policy frameworks for CSIRO.
- With the CIO, Executive group and managers develop and report on Strategy related KPI’s. Develop, promote and evaluate the impact of new policies and practices to facilitate organisational change at a Business Unit and/or organisational level.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT, Clayton, VIC, Lindfield, NSW, other sites by negotiation will be considered
Salary: AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Demonstrated experience with leading strategic planning, or, and development of policy or risk management practices.
- Demonstrated experience at being at the forefront of industry direction, including influencing and shaping solutions. Along with proven record in the planning, designing and implementing new enterprise-wide solutions including the ‘generational’ change of existing services.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong and effective business relationships to shape strategic directions within a large and complex organisation and ensure alignment between client needs and business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead a team in developing high quality policy documentation and communication materials.
- A record of inclusive leadership which encourages new ideas, builds trust and provides support for the development of emerging skills, including influencing staff in observing corporate and professional standards, acting as trusted advisers, fostering effective client relationships, and ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s research objectives.
- Formal tertiary qualifications.
- A solid understanding of IMT in a research organisation setting.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens ONLY
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level
CSIRO requires proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of entry to all CSIRO locations. Please be advised you may be asked for proof of vaccination as part of the recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12th August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2022
- AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Change Management/Organisational Development