Cloud Platforms Technical Generalist - [Archived Advertisement]
Cloud Platforms Technical Generalist
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Junior applicants welcome, training provided
- Flexible work arrangements!?
- Highly collaborative work environment?
The role of Cloud Platforms Technical Generalist staff in CSIRO is to provide technical guidance and operational support for the delivery of secure managed cloud to both research and enterprise workloads. This role will also be required to contribute to cloud policy, strategy, and road maps. The role will also be required to assist with the financial management of cloud operations along with cost saving recommendations back to the business.
As part of the cloud platforms team, you will be involved in daily stand-ups and fortnightly sprints and be required to skill up as an infrastructure automation specialist in one of our integrated cloud providers AWS, AZURE or GCP.
Your duties will include:
- Configure and monitor secure platforms to be consumed by the business.
- Provide advice on best practices around security, logging, monitoring, backups, storage, RBAC & PaaS
- Perform regular cloud security compliance checks contribute to designs for enduring architectures
- Ensure the business gets the best value from the capability provided from the three major cloud vendors.
- Perform monthly cloud finance operations.
- Communicate openly, effectively, and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Canberra are preferred, other locations will be considered
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant certification/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in a cloud platforms environment.
- Strong desire to learn this role will become technical over time and you will be required to embark on a learning path that will be part of your fortnightly sprint allocation to eventually become a cloud infrastructure automation specialist.
- Good Linux skills and a strong understanding of source control with some experience with working in a CICD environment.
- Strong experience working in a platforms team delivering a service at enterprise scale.
- Demonstrated experience working with a scripting language e.g.: Python
- Experience with working with API’s
- Cloud Essentials or above certification for at least AWS AZURE or GCP.
- Strong understanding of secretes management and infrastructure as code.
- Experience working in a research environment.
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens ONLY
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at NV1 level
CSIRO requires proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of entry to all CSIRO locations. Please be advised you may be asked for proof of vaccination as part of the recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14th August 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received.
Please consider applying as soon as possible.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2022
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Network and Systems