Executive Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
- A unique role with lots of interaction with the Senior leadership team
The role of Executive Officer in IMT supports the Chief Information Officer in effective delivery of operational management and governance of the Business Unit through dynamic change in the external and internal environment. The position will be responsible for the initiation and management of projects, stakeholder engagement and management, preparation of progress and milestone reports for major projects, and the provision of advice and support on complex issues.
Your duties will include:
- Coordinate effective communication within and about CSIRO IM&T matters between CSIRO IM&T leadership team members and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain cross organisational networks to facilitate effective CSIRO IM&T operations
- Provide high level support and advice to the Chief Information Officer on issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties
- Plan and coordinate key Business Unit/Function leadership meetings, conferences or other events
- Provide oversight of the Business Unit/Function risk management framework
Location: All capital cities + Geelong, Rockhampton
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgement, discretion and political awareness in dealing with stakeholders representing diverse interests and competing agendas.
- A confident and pro-active approach with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic executive team environment and collaborate widely both internally and externally.
- Very strong analytical skills with a proven ability to investigate underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems and develop appropriate responses through abstract thinking and using creative solutions.
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to independently manage competing complex demands; establish or renegotiate priorities; meet deadlines, including the ability to effectively adapt in ambiguous, urgent and/or complex situations where information is incomplete or not available.
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management, including planning, engagement, monitoring and reporting to meet or exceed specified outcomes and timeframes.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce reports and present at an executive level.
- Experience working in an ICT or related field
- Experience working in research or government
CSIRO thrives on innovation; innovation that is harnessed by the diversity of the minds and lived experiences brought to our greatest challenges. If you meet some, but not all requirements, we encourage you to submit your application.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national check and a NV1 clearance.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12th August 2022, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2022
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Management and Supervisory
Network and Systems
Research and Development