Provide coordination of the day-to-day functional maintenance of JCU’s student administrative systems.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Student Systems Administrator to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). A fixed term appointment to March 2021, this position is based at the Townsville campus in picturesque tropical north Queensland.
About the position
This position reports to the Manager, Student Systems, coordinating the day-to-day functional maintenance of JCU’s student administrative systems. This includes, but is not limited to: planning system upgrades; managing functional and user acceptance testing; resolving complex system queries and providing high quality technical advice across all systems.
The position requires technical knowledge and understanding of how significant applications are built and of the technical infrastructure they run on. The incumbent will develop a deep understanding of what all of JCU’s applications and modules do and how they integrate with each other.
- Responsible for the functional customisation, support and maintenance of student administrative systems and their associated interfaces
- Liaise and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of student administrative systems and their associated interfaces
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of major system upgrade projects
As someone with proven analytical and problem solving skills in enterprise application environments, you will demonstrate a commitment to quality client service and the provision of accurate and timely information with an ability to relate to people and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to achieve outcomes.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts with extensive experience in SQL, PL/SQL
- Proven high level ability to gather business requirements and translate into functional and non-functional specifications for development
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop your team to achieve a culture of high performance, client service, teamwork and innovation
About the Student Services Directorate
The Student Services Directorate provides academic, administrative and student support services to the University community and is responsible for a large component of the non-academic domestic and international student experience at JCU. The Directorate plays a pivotal role in relation to the student experience, the ability of the University to meet its enrolment and financial targets and the reputation of the University.
Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- Relocation assistance
- attractive options for salary packaging
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- Ongoing professional and career development
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to Apply
Click on the ‘apply now’ button to be taken to JCU’s career page where you can find out more information and download a PD and application instructions.
Position Reference Number: 16348
Applications close: 6 May 2018