Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
The application Solution Architect will manage estimating material costs, service costs and labour effort. You will also be responsible for creating all architecture artefacts relating to the solution, any dependencies and implementation governance. The scope of the role also includes evaluation of future technologies to enable business agility, asset management improvements, data quality improvements, system efficiency, risk reduction and cost saving.
- Support the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide Enterprise Architect (EA) decision making
- Engage with technical presales activities including the delivery of Feasibility Studies, Project Brief and Order of Magnitude Estimations (OOM)
- Deliver Solution Architecture Documents (SADs), Total Costs Estimation (TCE), Bill of Material (BoM), messaging contracts, Technical Maintenance Plans (TMPs) associated with the assigned solution
- Provide governance on vendor generated design documentation ensuring compliance with OCMS (Operational Control and Management Systems) requirements and standards.
- Provide timely and concise input into project documentation, including project schedules, project operational requirement, scope statement project impact statement artefacts
- Participate in cybersecurity governance and assessment processes including, Security Risk Assessments (SRA), Victorian Protective Data Security Framework (VPDSF) assessments as required
- Perform governance duties, such as reviewing As-Built documentation and work instructions, to ensure compliance with strategy documentation, OCMS Renewal Principles, SAD, DLD and messaging contracts
- Provide guidance and advice to stakeholders regarding disruptive technologies and trends, to formulate strategies in alignment with business plans
- Maintain an in-depth technical knowledge aligned with the existing and future technology asset portfolio
- Ensure appropriate architecture gates and practices are integrated into all relevant processes
- Build and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure expectations are met in accordance with MR4 contract requirements
- Demonstrate the business value of technology as an enabler
- Formulate, translate, advocate, support and execut technology strategy to achieve MTM's targeted business outcomes
- Work with peers and business stakeholders, to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps.
- Provide Technical expertise, including nights and weekends, as required, and agreed with the Manager when required.
- Analyse OCMS environments to detect critical deficiencies and provide remediation plans
- Audit and report on the compliance of OCMS against certified designs and standards
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction and assistance to business representatives, key stakeholders, and OCMS personnel
- Identify and provide mitigation plan inputs for both technical and execution risks
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of experience in Solutions Architecture
- Five or more years of experience in at least two discipline; Application Development / Application Architecture, Integration Architecture Data Architecture, Security Architecture
- Experience in creating effective partnerships to deliver architectural outcomes
- All Metro Employees receive a free Myki pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Metro supports work/life balance with opportunities to work from home on occasion
- Have a great impact on programs that will directly improve Melbourne’s suburban rail network whilst ensuring these developments do not come as a cost to our safe and cost-effective delivery of services
How to apply
Please submit your application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ before 27th November 2020
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.