- Coordinate and manage end-to-end access to state-wide cancer data
- Consult and engage with key organisations and individuals in the health sector
- Full time fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Victorian Cancer Registry (VCR) is a population-based cancer registry that provides comprehensive, accurate and timely information for cancer control by developing and maintaining a high quality, accessible information asset to support epidemiological, clinical, behavioural and health services research and evaluation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Data Access Manager to join the Victorian Cancer Registry team. Reporting to the Cancer Information, your role is to:
- Manage and report on data access requests received by researchers, government and non-government organisations for VCR cancer-related data;
- Collaborate with researchers, hospitals, government agencies and other key stakeholders over the provision of VCR data for research and evaluation purposes;
- Strategically identify, recommend and implement technology and process improvements to optimise data access services;
- Prepare and deliver data sets and ensure all VCR data released complies with legislative, policy and ethical requirements.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in a Science or Health-related discipline, with demonstrated experience working with large complex data sets;
- Demonstrated project and stakeholder management capabilities;
- Strong organisational skills to plan, implement and co-ordinate activities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and facilitate relationships with others;
- Experience using statistical software would be advantageous.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 12 months provides a salary within range $70,593 - $79,370 plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Vicky Thursfield on (03) 9514 6226.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check
Applications close Sunday 3 February 2019