Business Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Defence Housing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and families. DHA’s award winning work supports Defence capability.
This role reports to the Manager, Business Analyst Team within Business Solutions and Technology (BS&T). BS&T are responsible for all software related business analysis, business solutions, in-house software development, telephony, IT Services and Infrastructure. We deliver business as usual activities and innovation driven initiatives that provide efficiencies to the broader organisation.
As part of this role your responsibilities will include analysis, design and specification of new and existing IT systems to support the business using appropriate standards, methodologies and toolsets. The role will provide expert advice and assistance to system users, investigate complex issues and determine business impact and recommend solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- excellent presentation, verbal communication, workshop facilitation and writing skills
- proven experience in business analysis, human centred design and the ability to apply critical thinking to deconstruct problems
- a strong ability to apply structure business analysis deliverables, tools and techniques such as high level and detailed requirements, map business process, user stories, use cases, conceptualise information and construct visual models
- proven experience in requirement gathering and development of acceptance criteria and functional specifications with the ability to apply knowledge of business systems and translate business needs into technical requirements
- demonstrated experience in the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures.
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packing, including performance bonus
- employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
- a diverse range of interesting projects in high performing and collaborative work environment.
- Closing Date:
- 11 Sep 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Business Analyst/Systems Analyst/Reporting