Development Operations Manager
Defence Housing Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Development Operations Manager
At Defence Housing Australia (DHA), we provide quality housing and related services to Defence members and families. DHA’s award winning work supports the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
This Development Operations Manager reports to the National Manager Business Solutions and Technology.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing DevOps practices and technologies as part of a new operating model for DHA. With experience in deployment tools and methodology, you will provide technical expertise and support co-ordinating software releases. Working with a small team you will develop and maintain platforms and products across monitoring and DHA’s Non-Production and Production environments.
As a confident decision maker, you will possess the ability to remain calm under pressure whilst managing complex IT incidents. You will be self-motivated and work independently whilst being committed to working within a team environment. Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills will be essential as you work across the Infrastructure and Software Development teams as the business transitions to a new operating model to build a future focussed ICT and Software offering.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of build automation and continuous integration tools, including Jenkins, Docker, JIRA, Bitbucket and Splunk.
- Extensive experience managing and coordinating deployments and releases in a fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases and Oracle Fusion Middleware Technology.
- Extensive experience administering and monitoring application servers on both Windows and Linux/Unix platforms in an agile environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to different stakeholders with varying levels of technical competence.
- Note: A Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance or the ability to obtain is required for this role.
Some of the benefits of working at DHA include:
- Generous employee benefits with a competitive salary packing, including performance bonus
- Employer superannuation contribution of up to 15.4%
- Flexible work arrangements, including family friendly provisions
- Benefits of working for the APS, while in an outcome focused Government Business Enterprise
This is a full-time position. DHA’s core business hours are between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. DHA operates under flexible working hours and staff may be required to work outside core business hours at times.
- Provide direction, technical expertise and support in automating application and infrastructure platforms, including code deployment.
- Engage collaboratively with internal Infrastructure and Development teams including external specialists to understand requirements to build necessary platforms to support the business.
- Manage and coordinate deployments and releases of code through Non-Production and Production environments.
- Develop and maintain Production and Non-Production application servers on Solaris, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Provide leadership and manage a small team, delegate tasks effectively and contribute to the professional growth of team members creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Define requirements and implement monitoring solutions and report on Platform service availability. This involves defining a support model for the tool.
Specific goals against key result areas are outlined in each individual staff member’s performance development agreement each year.
HOW TO APPLY
Based on the duty statement, in 500 words, please tell us how your skills and experience are relevant to the role and describe the contribution you can make to DHA.
Applications close: December 15, 2019
- Closing Date:
- 15 Dec 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Building automation/Control systems
Engineering - Software