Engineer Professional - Electronics - Electrical - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Engineer Professional - Electronics - Electrical
$80,669 – $92,150 (plus super)
Are you are interested in being involved with aircraft, flight trials, and providing specialist aircraft electrical engineering advice?
If so, then this is the job for you.
This position offers a wide variety of challenging and rewarding tasks as well as the rare opportunity to be involved in supporting Army, Navy and Air Force flight trials through the Air Warfare Engineering Squadron (AWE SQN).AWE SQN is a DASR Approved 21J Design Organisation, dedicated to the provision of specialist engineering designs including:
- Aircraft Flight Test Instrumentation (including sensors and data acquisition).
- Specialist Electronics Engineering (including shielding, grounding and bonding of instrumentation sensors and systems).
- Specialist Air Weapons and Stores Advice, (including loading, clearance and employment), and integration of AUS/US air weapons programs
- Electromagnetic Compatibility and RF Analysis.
- Prototyping and manufacture.
As an APS6 Avionics Design Engineer you will lead a small team of technical specialists to assist AWE SQN deliver systems engineering outputs such as:
- Development and review of avionics flight test instrumentation systems.
- Engineering documentation from initial requirements through to task conduct.
- Development of verification and validation activities.
- Supporting Project Systems Engineers with technical management activities.
- Conducting engineering investigations, reporting findings and recommending action.
This is not only a unique opportunity to grow your engineering career in an exciting environment but will also allow you to be an integral part of a team, which significantly contributes to Defence Capability. In addition, Defence will support your work/life balance with a variety of flexible working arrangements including benefits such as four weeks annual leave, three months long service (after a qualifying period) and carers leave.
Application Closing Date: Monday 15 July 2019
For further information please review the job information pack, reference AF/02030/19 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jul 2019
- SA - Edinburgh
- $80,669 – $92,150 (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6