Overview of the Branch and Section:
This position is part of the Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) Section within the Visa, Citizenship and Digital Services Branch. EIS provides system-to-system integration and communication solutions for the Department of Home Affairs. EIS supports and enhances multiple middleware platforms including an IBM DataPower Enterprise Service Bus, an IBM Integration Bus and MQ implementations. The section is currently implementing the Department’s API Gateway capability and Event Messaging Platform.
EIS develops solutions using these platforms for dozens of projects across the Department as well as providing advice and guidance to other development teams. EIS also undertakes enterprise service modelling and maintains all enterprise services used within the Department.
About the role:
EIS is looking to build our team and is seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals with a strong technical aptitude who are willing to learn new and emerging technologies. As an Integration Developer with EIS you will work with multiple integration platforms, toolsets and across different projects.
Our ideal candidate:
The Department is looking for people who enjoy working in a rapidly evolving and forward thinking environment. With a focus on innovation and progression, our ideal candidate will help to maintain and further develop our innovative processes. Whilst working in the Department you will be exposed to cutting edge technology as well as training resources that can fast track your professional development, allowing you to excel within and outside of the Department. The successful candidates will be self-driven and seek to directly influence the key outcomes of the organisation.
- Develop integration solutions and API’s for the Department
- Model web service contracts (XSD and WSDL) to support the Department’s SOA environment
- Develop message transformations (XSLT) to support interoperability between systems
- Maintain key integration platforms for the Department including the Enterprise Services Bus (ESB), API Gateway, Event Message Platform (EMP) and MQ implementations
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including managers and other non-technical colleagues as well as internal and external ICT professionals
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Perform unit testing and debugging of faults.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies:
- MQ (IBM)
- Knowledge of relational data modelling concepts
- Good practical and working knowledge of the SDLC (waterfall and agile methodologies)
- One or more years’ of ICT industry experience
- Experience developing or consuming web services and REST API’s is desirable.
For further information about this role and how to apply please review the Position Description available on the Department of Home Affairs website. Applicants must register and apply via the Department’s OurPeople online recruitment system.
Closing Date: 23:59pm, 22 June 2020
Contact Officer: Santosh Rapeti, Santosh.email@example.com, 02 6225 6898