Department of Home Affairs (View other jobs from this organisation)
Who can apply:
Please note this opportunity is available to current Australian Public Service employees and all eligible members of the community.
About the Department of Home Affairs:
Be part of something bigger: contribute to building a secure Australia that is prosperous, open and united.
Join a connected team of professionals, where you can be your authentic self; grow your career while making time for all parts of your life. Click here to see What we offer
The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for centrally coordinated strategy and policy leadership in relation to domestic national security arrangements, law enforcement, emergency management, counter-terrorism, social cohesion, the protection of our sovereignty, the integrity of our border and the resilience of our national infrastructure.
The Australian Border Force, an operationally independent body within the Department of Home Affairs, is Australia's frontline border law enforcement agency and Australia's customs service. The Australian Border Force's mission is to protect Australia's border and facilitate the legitimate movement of people and goods across it.
Overview of Section:
The Visa, Citizenship and Digital Services Branch is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Integration Developer with a strong technical aptitude to work in our Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) Section. EIS provides system-to-system integration and communication solutions for the Department of Home Affairs. EIS supports and enhances multiple middleware platforms including an IBM DataPower Enterprise Service Bus, an IBM Integration Bus and MQ implementations. The Section is currently implementing the Department’s API Gateway capability and Event Messaging Platform.
About the role:
The Integration Developer position will have the opportunity to work with multiple integration platforms, toolsets and projects, however will primarily be working on the Customs Connect Facility (CCF). The CCF provides an e-commerce gateway supporting the passenger and cargo sectors and has been built using a combination of IBM integration products and bespoke development.
Our ideal candidate:
The Department is looking for people who enjoy working in a rapidly evolving and forward thinking environment. With a focus on innovation and progression, our ideal candidate will help to maintain and further develop our innovative processes. Whilst working in the Department you will be exposed to cutting edge technology as well as training resources that can fast track your professional development, allowing you to excel within and outside of the Department. The successful candidate will be self-driven and seek to directly influence the key outcomes of the organisation.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in ICT with demonstrated experience in developing and supporting IT applications including some of the following:
- Java (or similar) development
- XML related technologies (XML, XSLT, WSDL, XSD, XPath)
- Database query languages such as SQL
- Data transformation technologies
- Integration platforms such as IBM Integration Bus, IBM DataPower, IBM MQ, and API Gateways
- Internet security concepts such as HTTPS and Public Key Infrastructure.
Working as part of the small CCF team of permanent employees and contractors, this position will:
- Analyse, code, test and implement software using various tools and languages
- Undertake problem solving and incident resolution
- Undertake defect analysis, impact assessments and develop bug fixes
- Provide Level 3 technical support
- Liaise with other technical teams, business areas, commercial partners and clients
- Perform unit testing and complex technical testing
- Maintain and develop CCF technical documentation.
As part of your application, you will be required to prepare a response document (minimum 11pt font in MSWord or PDF format), which you will upload in the next section.
Please ensure you read the instructions carefully, noting failure to address identified requirements may lead to your application being deemed ineligible.
Please prepare a one-page Applicant Response in relation to the advertised role, outlining:
- How your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role
- Why you are interested in the role and what you can offer us
- Any specific examples or achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform the role.
How to apply:
Prior to preparing your response it is recommended you review the Work Level Standards relevant to the classification you are applying to. It may also be useful to refer to the Integrated Leadership System information relevant to the classification. You are required to submit your application in Home Affairs' online recruitment system (ourPeople).
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- Your CV
- Your Applicant Response document
- Details of referees
- Include your full name and the Requisition Number - 103260 in the footer of any documents being uploaded.
Eligibility and Specific Conditions of Employment
To be eligible to work with the Department of Home Affairs you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Fulfil the Department’s minimum requirements by satisfactorily answering all screening questions during the application process
- Obtain and maintain the required AGSVA clearance
- Obtain and maintain a current Employment Suitability Clearance
- Satisfy a probation period
- Undergo a health assessment (if applicable).
To be eligible to work in some roles, you may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that in roles where vaccination against COVID-19 is required by public health orders/directions or other legislation, if a candidate is not fully vaccinated or is unwilling to be vaccinated within a reasonable period, they may not be offered that role.
If you are experiencing problems submitting your application online, please email the nature of the issues you are experiencing to Recruitment (email@example.com) including screen captures if necessary. A response will be sent during business hours.
Remuneration: The Department offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position.
Information about employment in the Department of Home Affairs, and advice on how to apply for vacancies can be obtained from the Department’s website at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about-us/careers
If you have identified as having a disability, please indicate whether you require any support throughout the selection process. For further information please contact Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
- 02 Dec 2021
- ACT - Belconnen
- $80,274.00 - $94,974.00 (plus 15.4% super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Software
Testing and Quality Assurance
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6