Systems Software Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science (View other jobs from this organisation)
Systems Software Engineer
About the team
The Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) Office is a professional, technical and administrative team that provides support to its Board and ongoing work program. The ABCB’s mission is to oversee issues relating to safety and health; amenity and accessibility, and sustainability in buildings. As part of a dynamic organisation, this is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team delivering stakeholder management, consultation and communication activities for building and plumbing industries.
What you will do
The role of Systems Software Engineer provides project management, governance, engineering and guidance to the development of ABCB digital initiatives and systems, and ancillary administration and support for the wider environment. The role aims to combine the capability to direct and manage a primarily outsourced development environment, whilst providing the technical knowledge to provide ongoing assurance and support of deliverables, initiatives and systems
Key duties include:
- Contributing to the Management and guidance of the development lifecycle of ABCB Digital initiatives and systems, encompassing stakeholder management, vendor management and deliverable assurance.
- Ensuring the Secure Systems Development Life Cycle of ABCB systems aligns with the Australian Government Guidelines for Software Development, and wider ISM and PSPF requirements.
- Contributing to the Governance of ABCB systems, including the creation and maintenance of relevant documentation.
- Ancillary Systems Administration and Support of the wider Cloud, Compute and Networking environment.
- Exposure to Systems Administration and Support.
- Knowledge of Secure Software Development Life Cycles (OWASP CLASP, MS SDL or comparable).
- Working knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and/or comparable languages.
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL (MariaDB, MS SQL or comparable).
- Knowledge or exposure to a variety of web technologies.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Dec 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- $83,660 - $90,725 + 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Engineering - Network/Systems Admin
Network and Systems
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6