ICT Desktop Support Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (View other jobs from this organisation)
ICT Desktop Support Officer
About the team
The Chief Information Officer Group (CIO Group) is an exciting, fast-paced team that drives the digital agenda for the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources. The CIO Group leads the department’s digital agenda by partnering with our stakeholders to co-design digital experiences, making it simpler to innovate, collaborate, communicate, and continue to evolve digital services using leading?edge technology and smart design.
The ICT Operations Branch provides high quality ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the department, ensuring all staff in the department have access to stable and secure technology.
The Desktop Support team sits within ICT Operations and are responsible for delivering high level customer service and technical specialist support on a variety of technology and services to all staff across the department.
Our ideal candidate
APS Level 5 Desktop Officers are responsible for delivering high level customer service and technical specialist support on a variety of technology and services to all staff. This includes working closely with multiple teams across the ICT Operations Branch.
They will act as the onsite face of ICT as well as being an active part of the desktop support team. This role will attending and providing input at a range of meetings including team, branch, divisional and departmental levels.
We are looking for an experienced ICT Desktop Support officer who:
- Has a customer-focused approach to work and genuinely enjoys helping people with technology.
- Works independently and with little supervision, and thinks and acts quickly in high pressure situations with a high level of discretion.
- Has strong analytical / technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills across the wide range of technology.
- Works well in a team with strong communication skills, and contributes to making a harmonious work environment.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organisation.
What you will do
In this role, you will;
- Provide high level ICT technical advice and support to users for workstations, laptops, mobile devices, software, peripheral hardware, system administration, video conferencing and networking via phone, email, instant messaging, service requests, and general face to face onsite support.
- Monitor team service request queue, actively managing multiple tasks and actioning jobs within agreed SLA.
- iOS Mobile Device Management (MDM) configuration, administration, and training as required.
- Assist with priority tasks and overdue items, coordinating resolutions to complete tasks.
- Provide assistance if required with the support of SES on site with priority service levels.
- Provide assistance where required for ICT Networks and Server Operations teams as required.
- Find solutions to ICT problems faced by users and the business including supporting users through ICT change activities and digital innovation.
- Prepare and update knowledge guides for users and Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) documentation for ICT administrators.
- Be an active participant in team meetings, providing feedback, problem detection, solutions, escalation, seek advice and assistance if needed.
For further information the role, including eligibility and how to apply, please visit our current vacancies page. Positions close on Wednesday 22 September 2021 at 11:55pm (AEST).
- Closing Date:
- 22 Sep 2021
- VIC - Melbourne
- $76 385 - $80 590
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Helpdesk and Desktop Support
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 5