Producer, Darwin - [Archived Advertisement]
- Create authentic and high-quality content across multiple platforms
- Location: Darwin, NT
- Full Time, Permanent Role
- $75K to $91K plus 15.4% Nominated Super
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information about working at the ABC, please feel free to explore our careers page at https://www.abc.net.au/careers/
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
About the Role
Are you an energetic and motivated producer with a passion for telling stories and exploring issues that matter to our audience?
ABC Radio Darwin is seeking a capable content maker with the skills, creativity and contacts to produce compelling radio that reflects the interests and aspirations of the people of Darwin.
Working collaboratively with the team, you will:
- Prepare distinctive and compelling content that engages local audiences.
- Provide in-studio production support and manage talk-back callers and guests.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Local Emergency Coverage plan.
- Create local content that can be shared with other content teams across the ABC.
With accomplished program making skills and a proven ability to develop original and engaging radio and cross-platform content for target audiences, you will bring with you:
- Strong editorial skills including the ability to source and analyse information and exercise sound judgement.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with people from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding and passion to source and create authentic content which represents the broad diversity of the Australian community, including stories that reflect a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and Indigenous communities where editorially relevant.
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information on this position please contact Cherie Beach, Content Director on 0409 035 153.
We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure that you submit your application via the online portal.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, 18 February 2024.
Applications close: 18 Feb 2024 11:55 PM AUS Central Standard Time
- Closing Date:
- 18 Feb 2024
- NT - Darwin
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Digital Media/Digital Services