- Support the CIO with strategic technology matters
- Infrastructure transformation focus
- Sydney CBD Location
Our Information Technology team is currently looking for an experienced Deputy CIO to lead the infrastructure and operations functions. You will focus on supporting the Bank’s technology needs by ensuring that our plan, design, build and run activities are aligned to world class standards of effectiveness and efficiency. This includes all aspects of technology infrastructure, and the necessary processes to engage within IT and the broader bank on strategic and operational matters.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence future direction of infrastructure you will:
- Drive the Bank's technology infrastructure and operations strategies, including planning for a third data centre, transition to cloud service operating models.
- Provide guidance and input as a senior member of the Bank's IT Leadership team in delivering the Bank's Technology strategy and Management Priorities.
- Support the CIO to drive technology leadership, strategic planning, technology partner engagement and operational responsiveness across the IT function and the broader Bank.
- Formulate and implement plans to develop people talent in leadership, management and subject matter expertise, including plans to attract and retain staff.
- Stay abreast of technology and industry developments and their implications for the Bank and provide leadership in maturing IT infrastructure and operations delivery for the Bank.
Skills and Experience
- Experience successfully managing Senior IT Leaders with an emphasis on staff and capability development.
- Proven ability in developing wider staff capability.
- An ability to develop, implement and articulate strategic vision to diverse stakeholders including Bank Executives and Boards.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic planning and IT governance
- An ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all stakeholders.
What’s on offer?
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment
- Access to a wide-range of benefits
- Opportunity to lead a transformation
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.