The RBA’s Banking Department is seeking a certified Business Analyst professional with excellent communication and problem solving skills to easily facilitate discussions with business stakeholders.
In this role you will undertake a leading role in business analysis activities related to the changes and enhancements of applications and systems that include the scope of the New Payments Platform.
The New Payments Platform (NPP) is an open access infrastructure for fast payments in Australia. The NPP was developed via industry collaboration to enable households, businesses and government agencies to make simply addressed payments, with near real-time funds availability to the recipient, on a 24/7 basis.
The key focus of the role:
- Conduct detailed analysis of business requirements using an agreed project methodology to take into consideration customer requirements, industry innovation and technological advancements to ensure there is capacity to accommodate future changes and developments.
- Take a leading role in the team relating to changes covering the scoping, requirements, estimation, triage and build processes to deliver high levels of system stability, integrity and reliability.
- Liaising with business staff and other departments to ensure that the proposed developments meet business and other departmental needs.
- Preparation of operational procedures and staff training materials for new and enhanced systems to assist with the implementation process.
- Assist in defining acceptance tests and usability evaluations, ensuring that tests reflect operational business conditions.
- Assisting with the creation of communications, business migration, business change and implementation strategies.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working on NPP would be highly advantageous
- Experience with the Bank's government banking systems, business and operations.
- The ability to analyse efficiently and skilfully, using a variety of tools, methods and communication techniques to extract, develop, validate and document business processes.
- The confidence to provide guidance to other resources within the team including Solution Designers; Developers and Testers to implement the Business Requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in unfamiliar and complex environments.
- An understanding of transactional banking systems, services and operations.
By joining the RBA, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people.
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment.
- Access to a wide-range of benefits.
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.