About the Digital Information & Technology Department
This department is part of our Finance & Strategy Division, and is responsible for the delivery and support of new and existing technology strategies, platforms, infrastructure and services.
About the role
This position provides efficient and quality support to customers of Council’s Information and Technology Systems. This includes being the first point of contact for IT support of Council’s desktop environment, Citrix environment, desktop software, corporate applications software, phones and printers in both an on-site and IT Help Desk environment.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Provide an efficient professional and quality service to internal and external customers by being the first point of contact for IT support of the City’s desktop environment.
- Ensure all help desk interactions are logged through the help desk software.
- Provide efficient and quality installation and support to maintain operational capability of desktop hardware and associated equipment in both an on-site and IT Help Desk environment.
- Provide efficient and quality installation, delivery and maintenance of software in both an on-site and IT Help Desk environment.
- Maintain and support mobility fleet and associated relevant technologies.
- Maintain the administration of user application accounts and associated active directory tasks.
- Participate in the out of hours support pool.
Key selection criteria
- Understanding of computer architecture including hardware and networks.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to effectively develop an understanding of the functions, processes and procedures of Corporate Systems.
- Working knowledge of e-mail systems and protocols.
- Working knowledge of Apple IOS devices and enterprise mobility support.
- Awareness of server roles and responsibilities.
- High level customer service skills.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location - all only 1 hour from Melbourne. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and many varied learning and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to our community.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries: Dean Mortimer | 03 5272 6159 | DMortimer@geelongcity.vic.gov.au
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 24 August 2018.