- Temporary full time, with access to monthly RDO
- $83K - $91K + Super
A four-month opportunity to be a key part of the team delivering Moreland City Council’s sector-leading social media strategy.
You will be Council’s chief channel manager, looking after Council’s primary social media platforms – Facebook and Twitter – as well as monitoring Council’s satellite sites.
The ideal candidate will have a keen sense of reputational issues, a strong understanding of Moreland’s diverse community, and how to interact with customers online.
If you are a professional communicator and passionate about engaging with and providing quality customer service to a community audience, you will love the challenge of this opportunity.
Creating or using the right digital content to engage the community is a key aspect of the role, so proficiency in photography, infographic creation and basic video production is a plus.You'll also be involved in some exciting online and print marketing projects and campaigns.
For such a unique opportunity, you'll need fantastic written and verbal communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and a solid understanding of social media platforms as they relate to a large government organisation. You must be eligible to live and work in Australia.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification and demonstrated experience in communications.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and to respond appropriately with sound judgement and discernment.
- Excellent technical knowledge and an ability to understand new tools quickly.
We are an equal opportunity and child safe employer, support inclusiveness and diversity, and are Values based. Moreland - One Community Proudly Diverse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.