- Develop software from early research stage through to operational production systems.
- Work on the Digiscape Future Science Platform.
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
As a member of the Cyber Physical Data team, the Software Engineer will work on the Senaps data platform and applications thereof for our clients inside and outside CSIRO. This will primarily include working on projects in collaboration with the Agriculture and Food business unit, and specifically the Digiscape Future Science Platform.
The Cyber Physical Data Team is part of the Distributed Sensing Systems Research Group in CSIRO’s Data61. Working with the broader Cyber Physical Systems Program you will develop close relationships with researchers from our group and across CSIRO as a whole.
We develop software from early research stage through to operational production systems. The Senaps platform and its applications are focused on near real-time spatio-temporal data management, analytics and related decision support tools. These tools aim to change the way our clients work and ultimately have a positive impact for Australia.
Your duties will include
- Become a core developer for the Senaps data platform and help us add cool new features, UI design and development, fix bugs, and much more.
- Communicate and collaborate with our customers to develop applications on the Senaps data platform.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Senaps platform and the broader team.
- Help develop, maintain and operate the systems developed by the Cyber Physical Data Team.
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
Salary: AU$97K – AU$105K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A relevant Certificate or tertiary qualification (such as Computer Science or Software Engineering), and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Advanced skills in object oriented programming and design patterns.
- Demonstrated capability working with modern web development frameworks.
- Excellent software development practices including but not limited to version control, testing, requirements analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technical and non-technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of significant areas independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed teams, and carry out tasks autonomously.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday, 3rd April, 2019.