- Use Your Skills and Make an Impact on Data Innovation Outcomes!
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's Largest Data Innovation Group
Data61 are looking for a Software Support Engineer to provide ongoing technical support to our clients for world leading SLAM technologies. The successful candidate will engage in a wide variety of activities, including resolving client technical issues, and assisting in managing software releases and software development focused on feature improvement. The Software Support Engineer will diagnose and troubleshoot software issues and work with clients to provide viable short-term and long-term solutions, as well as interfacing with domain experts in order to resolve more difficult issues and deliver long-term improvements.
Your duties will include
- Taking ownership of technical issues raised by both internal and external clients and seeing them through to resolution
- Investigating, diagnosing and debugging technical issues in order to identify viable solutions
- Following appropriate processes and procedures for managing client issues and identifying process improvements
- Developing software focused on feature improvement
- Participating in project planning and scheduling based on client needs, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$82K - AU$93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- A relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years software development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 3+ years C++ programming experience (desirable)
- Python programming experience (desirable)
- Focused debugging and bug fixing skills (desirable)
- DevOps, docker and deployment experience (desirable)
- Expertise with Linux based operating systems (desirable)
- An understanding of linear algebra and 3D mathematics relating to 3D rendering (desirable).
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
23:00 AEDT 20 March 2019