- Looking for the next step in your career?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment?
- Join the Data61 Team!
The Personal Assistant will support the Research Director for CSIRO’s largest Research Program in a job share role, across 3 days per week. This key role involves high level administrative support, and effective client and staff liaison.
The Personal Assistant will provide a high level of customer support, and use judgement to prioritise and take action on a variety of tasks, including administration, financial monitoring, travel arrangements and diary management. Other key attributes will include a high degree of communication, organisational skill, flexibility, adaptability and a proactive approach in working in a team environment working under limited direction.
Your duties will include
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and/or other events, including booking rooms, resources, travel, transport, equipment and catering.
- Prepare and take meeting minutes and initiate follow up action.
- Regularly review, evaluate and monitor the Research Director’s email, prioritising tasks and deadlines with the potential to provide support to the extended program leadership group.
- Resolve conflicting appointments and deadlines.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra
Tenure: Part-Time (3 days per week) for a specified term of 12 months
Salary: AU$62K – AU$79K (pro rata) + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to senior management in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft application including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and in using record management and travel systems.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate accurately, effectively and to convey information and ideas both orally and in writing with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced time management and organisational skills, with particular attention to detail, proven ability to establish priorities for managing multiple tasks and deadlines, cope with pressure and maintain a flexible approach.
- Evidence of ability to anticipate needs and use initiative, judgement and tact and maintain strict confidentiality.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday, 5th May, 2019.