- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Use your skills and make an impact on CSIRO's Data61 communications
- Join CSIRO - Australia's national science agency
CSIRO is seeking a talented Communications Manager to drive a communication program for CSIRO’s digital and data sciences. Leading a small team, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the creation and delivery of integrated communication and corporate affairs for the Data61 business unit, including external communication and engagement. Responsible for leading the development and delivery of the communication plan, the aim is to ensure the plan clearly communicates science impact is shared. The Communications Manager is a highly skilled, sharp communicator, adept at working in complex environments and can display exceptional interpersonal skills.
Your duties will include:
- Create and deliver integrated communications plans demonstrating science impact through leveraging media relations, digital and social, content and marketing communications to build and protect the CSIRO brand - focusing on ensuring we are relevant, engaging and accessible.
- Create and execute a strong internal communications plan to support building employee engagement
- Partner with and contribute to D61 leadership team and others to develop, deliver and evaluate communication strategies that align with both the BU strategy and the Corporate Affairs strategy.
Salary: AU$113k - AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Communications or relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience in leadership and management within large or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated communication management experience in a complex business encompassing:
- Strategic planning and implementation, calculating risk, problem solving, effective team and budget management;
- Producing creative communication strategies delivered through multiple channels;
- Delivery of high-profile communication campaigns resulting in widespread national media coverage, stakeholder engagement and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated experience assessing the risk and opportunities of identified strategies, options and actions and ability to overcome setbacks to achieve organisation-wide goals.
- Experience in issues management, stakeholder engagement and contemporary communication practices to achieve positive outcomes.
- Experience in managing and leading a high performing team, with a particular focus on instilling creativity and visionary thinking among team members, ensuring high standards of service delivery as well as technical output.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Friday 6th December 2020, 11:00pm AEST