- Work in a high-quality research environment on national & international e-Health programmes
- Contribute to the development of the Australian e-Health Research Centre SMART
- Join our dedicated Health Data Semantics team in this exciting role
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Research Scientist to join the Health Data Semantics team. You will contribute to the development of the Australian e-Health Research Centre SMART on FHIR science area. Working with other scientists and collaborators you will develop, pilot and evaluate SMART on FHIR applications for a range of clinical and health service applications. This will include working with other scientists in the Melbourne Genomics Health Alliance to develop SMART on FHIR applications for integrating genomics information into the clinical systems.
Location: Parkville VIC
Salary: $106K to $124K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- PhD or higher degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of HL7/FHIR or other health related standards.
- Commercial or equivalent research experience developing Java full stack applications particularly with RESTful interfaces and Spring.
- Demonstrated experience leading small research projects to successful completion including negotiation of resource requirements.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria click here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. Our innovations contribute billions of dollars to the Australian economy every year. As the largest patent holder in the nation, our vast wealth of intellectual property has led to more than 150 spin-off companies. With more than 5,000 experts and a burning desire to get things done, we are Australia’s catalyst for innovation. CSIRO. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload ONE document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter and ensure you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 11:59 AEDT on 9 March 2017