Postdoctoral Fellow - Cyber Security
- Kick-start your career in a professional and supportive leading scientific agency
- Add value to the research area of automating cyber security
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Data61 offers PhD graduates an opportunity to launch their scientific careers through our Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships provide experience that will enhance career prospects and facilitate the development of potential leaders for CSIRO and Data61.
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
In this position you will conduct research in the area of automating cyber security, building resilient systems, IoT security and cyber security governance and awareness. This will lead to reputed international publications such as IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, Crypto and Eurocrypt or similar conferences.
Location: Eveleigh NSW or Clayton VIC
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year term
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, electrical engineering, information technology or communication engineering.
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research, development and implementation in cyber security and trust. Preferably have publications in the top tier security conferences IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, Crypto and Eurocrypt or similar level conferences.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research activities in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilience systems, IoT security, applied cryptography and cyber security governance and awareness.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability. Upload your CV/resume and cover letter as one document (Maximum 2MB)
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT 01 November 2017