- Do you have technical, scientific expertise?
- Use your skills to develop high performance visualisation systems
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s IMT is seeking to appoint a Scientific Visualisation Specialist for their Applications Support area
In this role you will provide scientific visualisation expertise to members of CSIRO’s research community. You will support and address required needs through development of software, workflows, converting and remapping data, and facilitating efficient use of a range of resources from desktop PCs to high-performance visualisation systems. You will provide expert guidance on third party visualisation applications, including their recommendation, selection, training, demonstration and use across a range of scientific disciplines
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain a Baseline, Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Developing programs/scripts/workflows for existing visualisation apps
- Writing custom visualisation related apps/wrappers
- Making dynamic visualisation content available via a web interface
- Performing complex data pre-processing for visualisation including data cleaning and extraction, format conversion and data blending
Location: Clayton VIC
Salary: $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in the visualisation of scientific data, or an equivalent proven track record.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO Information Management and Technology (IMT) is committed to introducing and maintaining up-to-date, quality information services in support of CSIRO’s strategic objectives. Ongoing business engagement maintains strong connections between IM&T and CSIRO’s research areas so that our services are closely aligned with CSIRO’s strategic objectives, and forms the basis for IMTs annual Operational Plans.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load one document which incorporates your address to the selection criteria, a cover letter outlining your motivations for applying and your CV (Maximum 5000Kilobytes) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday February 22, 2018