- Are you an experienced User Experience Designer?
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, users, developers and data scientists
- Join CSIRO's Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
The User Experience Designer will join Data61’s User Experience team to work on a project team made up of world class data and technology researchers, software developers, business development and commercialisation specialists.
In this highly challenging, fast paced and unique business, you will work on software designed to explore and support decision making from large scale network data. This role will require you to take responsibility of the user experience and user interface design from inception to delivery, working collaboratively with stakeholders, users, developers, data scientists and other UX practitioners.
The Data61 User Experience team has an honest and open approach to UX, constantly reflecting and evolving, and you will be expected to contribute your knowledge and experience to improving the UX team's capability. We are also focussed on educating the rest of the business and innovation ecosystem about good user experience practise and you would participate in various ways with us to achieve this by giving internal and external talks, writing blogs and demonstrating the value of design through your work.
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent solid career informed skills development in design.
- A minimum 5 years relevant professional career experience as a cross discipline user experience / generalist UX practitioner.
- Hands-on commercial or applied experience in a production role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both early and mid-stage user research (e.g. contextual interviews, usability testing, etc) and to take a disciplined approach to the capturing and communication of insights (e.g. affinity mapping, user personas, customer experience mapping, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a range of low and high fidelity solution designs for testing with users, and subsequent implementation with development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to align solution designs to user types and scenarios by producing an appropriate level of conceptual communication (e.g. user scenarios, user flows, user stories, etc)
- An understanding of the business side of UX and design including balancing stakeholder requests with user needs, conceptualisation and prioritisation under pressure.
- Practical experience with Agile and Lean development methods including design sprints and rapid prototyping
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close at 10:59pm AEST on Monday 6th August 2018.