- Do you want to collaborate on a cutting-edge machine learning platform?
- Push the boundaries of technology in an exciting new project
- Work within an exceptional research and development environment and join CSIRO's Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a talented DevOps Engineer for the Data Science Platforms team.
The role requires a creative and dedicated DevOps engineer to design, build and manage both our internal and client-hosted distributed machine learning environments. This role can provide freedom to design and implement the development, deployment and release strategies around a large scale data platform. The team is currently developing graph analytics software to analyse and visualise linked network data with real impact for Australia.
In this role you will be encouraged to experiment with new technologies, learn new techniques and skills, and apply them to your work.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as Computer Science, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Experience designing, building and operating complex distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Proficiency with containerised environments, e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Solid experience with CI/CD processes and tools, e.g. Travis CI, Jenkins
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, Perl
- Experience troubleshooting complex problems in distributed systems
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed research and engineering team.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will remain open until filled.