- Add value to the development of innovative solutions to real world problems
- Extract knowledge from data & benefit the Australian community & economy
- Join CSIRO's Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Data61 has an exciting opportunity for a Research Engineer to work with data to gain insights into real world problems. We are currently building the next generation of machine learning algorithms for large scale graph analytics.
We are seeking creative, inquisitive people who love working with data and machine learning technologies, and who can apply their skills to help build innovative technologies. We can provide flexible working hours, freedom to experiment with new technologies and the ability to grow to your full potential.
Location: Canberra, ACT or Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU $95K - AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in data science.
- Experience solving problems using quantitative approaches on real-world data.
- Good communication skills, the ability to present results to different audiences.
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R, MatLab, C, C++, Java, Scala
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research and engineering team.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close at 10:59pm AEST on Monday 6th August 2018.