- Are you experienced in Blockchain technology?
- Do you thrive on tackling major challenges in software architecture?
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
This position sits within the Architecture & Analytics Platform team at based Eveleigh, NSW. The Architecture and Analytics Platforms team tackles major challenges in software architecture, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, data analytics, computing infrastructure, business process management, and dependability.
You will lead individual research efforts, contribute to the acquisition and execution of external projects, and will be expected to have a strong background, including publications at top-tier venues, in more than one of the specific research areas targeted by this team, i.e.:
- Distributed ledgers in general or Blockchain technology in particular, and applications building on those technologies
- Data analytics platforms and cloud platforms
- Business process management, including process mining, modelling, and execution
- Enhancing dependability and security of computer systems, among others through model synthesis / discovery from execution traces and runtime verification of system behaviour
- Software Architecture and Engineering
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: AU $95K to AU $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Computer Science / Engineering.
- Established research track record, including publications in peer reviewed, top-tier outlets.
- Solid technical expertise in at least two of the following specific research areas.
- Distributed ledgers in general or Blockchain technology in particular, and applications; building on those technologies;
- Data analytics platforms and cloud platforms;
- Business process management, including process mining, modelling, and execution;
- Enhancing dependability and security of computer systems, among others through model synthesis / discovery from execution traces and runtime verification of system behaviour;
- Software Architecture and Engineering.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Applications will close 10:59pm AEST on Thursday 23rd August 2018.