- Are you a dedicated Software Engineer?
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with enthusiastic professionals
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a motivated Software Engineer.
As the successful candidate, you will work closely with software engineers, researchers and our user experience team to develop technology from Data61 research and expertise.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Develop software and systems building on Data61's research and expertise in machine learning (ML)
- Develop data engineering pipelines and the software to support them for data ingestion into ML algorithms
- Contribute to the design and construction of probabilistic ML prediction and decision systems
Location: Eveleigh NSW
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing software to implement data processing pipelines and machine learning prediction systems.
- Demonstrated expertise with numerical Python programming: Numpy, Scipy and Pandas.
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 19 August 2018